Château de Petite Somme is located in the beautiful Belgian Ardennes, close to Durbuy. Since we bought it in 1980 we call it “Radhadesh”.
We organize daily guided tours of the castle in French, Dutch, and English, but the grounds around the castle are freely accessible every day and you will find a spiritual art gallery, a boutique, a vegetarian restaurant, and our artisan bakery. You can also take a nice walk in the woods or visit our ecological gardens.
Can’t make a reservation online? Or are you making a reservation for a group? Then please contact us directly here.
During the high season (July, August, September), school holidays and public holidays we are open every day
from 10:00 – 13:00 and from 14:30 – 17:00.
During the low season (October to May) we are closed on Mondays.
What can you expect
- Film explaining the history of the castle and the community;
- Visit various rooms in the castle (including the beautiful temple room) with further explanation of the daily life and customs of the residents
- Exhibition about Srila Prabhupada, the founder of the Hare Krishna movement;
- Magnificent view of the Ardennes landscape from the castle tower;
- Traditional Indian dance performance (July and August only);
- Visit the Museum of Sacred Art (MOSA);
- Visit the artisan bakery;
- 10% discount at Govinda’s, our vegetarian restaurant (on presentation of your entry ticket). For opening hours and more info click here
Please find below an overview of the tours Radhadesh provides:
|1 October – 30 June||1 July – 30 September|
|French||15.30||11.00 | 15.30|
|Dutch||10.30 | 11.30*| 15.00||10.30 | 11.30 | 15.00 | 16.30|
* only during the weekends
From October till June, we are closed on Mondays. Except for school and bank holidays and groups.
Due to government guidelines and to avoid disappointments, we recommend you book online, by e-mail, or by phone. Visitors without a reservation are still welcome but may be refused if the capacity is reached.
Currently, there is a maximum of 20 people per tour.
Special Tour package
- Guided tour of the castle, duration 1h30;
- Yoga session, duration 1 hour;
- Lunch at the restaurant, consisting of the day menu and a drink at our Govinda’s restaurant.
3 – 10 persons: € 40 per person
from 11 persons and up: € 35 per person
This program is available only on reservation. For reservations and more information, please contact Shyam via e-mail: email@example.com
For information and questions about school visits, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Of course, Radhadesh also takes great care to ensure that your visit is as safe as possible. For example, each tour has a maximum number of visitors. The use of mouth masks is mandatory inside.