So we have entered 2021 and said our goodbyes to the ‘memorable’ 2020 (Gaura Purnima being our actual Gaudiya Vaisnava new year). No doubt the material energy will continue to throw all sorts of challenges at us in 2021, but as fortunate souls engaged in devotional service to Lord Krsna, we will continue in our endeavors to engage in His service in whatever ways and means we each can. A devotee doesn’t care if they are in heaven or hell, as long as they have some devotional service to do to offer to the Lord.
- After waiting many years, the new Goshalla is seriously underway. The trees have been removed to make space and within a month the major excavation of earth will be done to prepare for the foundations. Then by March, the company employed to build the goshala will start their work and all going well should have it finished by July! Our little herd won’t know themselves when they will get to move into their ‘posh’ new quarters.
- After many meetings, the architectural drawings for the new prasadam hall will be submitted to the commune by end of January. The building has developed in many ways during these meetings both in size and beauty! All going well with the commune, we should have final permission by July. When building work actually commences, will then depend on what builders we get to do the external work.
- Most of you will have seen the ongoing work we have commenced in the Srila Prabhupada museum. Many devotees are kindly assisting in the ‘rebirth’ of this important room and we look forward to a beautiful new room where we proudly present our Founder/Acarya to all the fortunate souls who come to start their spiritual journeys at Radhadesh.
- Another wonderful development that has been in the pipeline for many months and about to bear fruit, is a brand new sound system for the temple. This will include the installation of a new speaker system in the temple room, the two adjoining rooms, the pujari room, and both kitchens in the basement. For this important work, Manu has been working with one devotee called Nama sankirtan Prabhu who is a professional sound engineer, who comes this week to install the new system. Greeting of the deities will never be the same again!!
- Our ‘Golden devotee’, who has long been waiting on the stairs, will soon be installed in his proper home on the front of the castle, beautifully coated in a new layer of real gold!
- And last but certainly not least, you will have read the email from bhakta Gopinatha about his return to Radhadesh. This I feel is an important development. Radhadesh has developed wonderfully in many ways over the years, surviving great challenges and grown stronger in the process. But one of the weaker elements has been our ashrams. Often the mood has been a little too ‘magnanimous’ in deciding who is ready and qualified to be allowed such a wonderful opportunity and blessing to live directly in Radha Gopinatha’s home. So while we have not yet discussed and clarified his services for Radhadesh, this is one area we eagerly look forward to being developed under his careful and loving guidance. Of course, it will take some time but if someone is going to do it, it’s going to be him.
These are just a few of the wonderful ways we can expect to see Radhadesh develop over the coming year and no doubt in many other ways also.
Srila Prabhupada gave us everything to perfect our rare human lives, we just need to embrace his blessings fully and not become distracted from the goal of reducing considerations of my own sense gratification and becoming convinced that pleasing Krsna is the only real success.